Taking Control Over Auto Repair and Auto Maintenance in Reno
Are you having a hard time finding an auto service shop or how to communicate with a mechanic? Learn steps you can take to find a quality auto repair facility and have a great experience.
According to an article at newsroom.aaa.com, “How to Find an Automotive Shop”
- “Before taking the vehicle to a repair facility, write down notes on the vehicle’s symptoms and performance so important information is not overlooked or forgotten. Include any observations, even if they seem silly or irrelevant.
- Describe the symptoms to the technician rather than solutions. Explain what has been seen, smelled, heard and felt while driving the vehicle. For example, does it vibrate or pull to the left? Explain under what type of driving conditions the problems takes place and how long ago it started.
- Try to be precise. Such as explaining a rattle under the hood starts at 40 mph or an issue occurs only on cold days after the engine has been running for 10 minutes.
- When describing symptoms, refer to the driver side and passenger side instead of the right or left side of the vehicle.
- Resist the temptation to use technical jargon unless absolutely sure what it means. Explain what is being experienced in terms that do not direct the technician to a single solution. This will help eliminate unnecessary or ineffective work being performed due to misinterpretation or misdiagnosis.
- If the vehicle has been serviced recently, bring copies of the previous repair orders rather than trying to explain what work was done.” To read the entire article click here.