When is the Best Time for Auto Maintenance Service?
We all know that a well-maintained vehicle last longer and as it may be tempting to avoid auto maintenance its never a wise choice. While avoiding preventative auto maintenance service is no good for your vehicle or your wallet. Let’s take a look at the benefits of having your vehicle serviced during the springtime.
According to an article at ase.com, “The Importance of Auto Maintenance”
“Spring is one of the prime times for auto maintenance. That first wash-n-wax on a warm Saturday afternoon is liberating. Winter’s gloom (to say nothing of grit and road salt) is literally washed away. Take out the snow shovel, the gloves, and heavy boots and store them ’til next season. Surely summer can’t be far away.
Some preparation now will help ensure that your summer driving plans go as smoothly as you envision then now. ASE offer the following tips on getting your vehicle ready for summer.
- Read the owner’s manual and follow the recommended service schedules.
- Have hard starts, rough idling, stalling, etc. corrected before hot weather sets in.
- Flush and refill the cooling system (radiator) according to the service manual’s recommendations. The level, condition, and concentration of the coolant should be checked periodically.
- If you are not a do-it-yourselfer, look for repair facilities that employ ASE-certified automotive technicians.
- The tightness and condition of belts, clamps, and hoses should be checked by a qualified auto technician.
- Have a marginally operating air conditioner system serviced by a qualified technician to reduce the likelihood of more costly repairs.” To read the entire article click here.
For the best Reno auto repair service with friendly atmosphere coupled with significant savings over dealership auto prices, then Xpress Lube is your place. For more information contact Xpress Lube at 775-787-1000 or visit xpresslubereno.com.